Is it time to start remodeling your work office? Are you not sure if you should start a remodeling project?
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to see if it really is time for a remodel:
- What is the objective of renovating the building or interior space?
- Why do it now?
- Who will occupy the space?
- How will they use it?
- How will value ultimately be accessed?
- How can capital investment be minimized and property value maximized?
- What are the physical and economic barriers to success?
- Are corporate sustainability goals driving the decision to renovate?
If you answered these questions and decided that you do want to remodel here are a few things to consider while making your remodel decisions:
- Take a realistic look at the surrounding neighborhood. What “value-perceived” amenities are present today that were not in place when the property first came on the market?
- Look for local or regional economic incentives for the remodel.
- Will this remodel offer more jobs?
- Try to make improvement that will be of value later such as making sure each aspect of the remodel can serve multiple purposes if you were to resell.
- Take advantage of on the building’s strengths.
- Are you in an area that is surrounded by natural beauty? Can this beauty be seen from inside the office? If not find a way to open it up and reveal what is hiding outside.
- If you plan to replace mechanical units, system controls, and lobby lighting then you should seek an Energy Star rating which signifies that the building’s energy consumption is below the standard for buildings of its type and size and will draw in customers and clients.
Taking the step towards remodeling is a big one. Make sure you have considered all of your options before leaping into the commitment.
Contact us today to learn more!