Is your office looking a little worn down, gloomy, or not so attractive? You might not have the time to unleash a full blown remodel project for your office but there are some things you can do to spruce the place up a little bit.
- Get rid of the stacks of documents, files and receipts that you don’t need and electronically store the rest so there isn’t an overwhelming amount of paper everywhere.
- Clean out the break area and throw away rotten and old food.
- Have every employee clean their desk and throw away what isn’t needed and neatly store what is needed.
- Get rid of things that don’t benefit anyone directly such as the ugly chairs that no one uses, or filing cabinets that have nothing in them.
- Just get rid of everything that doesn’t serve a purpose!
- One of the cheapest things you can do that will make the most visual impact is to paint the office.
- Choose color based on the attitude of your office. It is said that cool colors can help calm the nerves so if you have a stressful environment choose a cool color. If everyone is full of energy choose a fierce fiery color.
- You can paint the walls, ceilings and trim. Don’t limit yourself to one area.
- A dim office makes reading paperwork difficult and might even encourage you to doze off if your work isn’t particularly riveting. So make sure there is sufficient lighting in the office.
- Create a natural light effect in the room and give your eyes a break.
- Remove heavy, drab curtains and cover windows with blinds that open easily to allow sunlight to enter.
- Lighting fixtures can add a lot of flavor to your office. Don’t just get plain boring lighting. Look into modern lighting fixtures and ones with some personality.
Remodeling doesn’t always have to be a full blown out project even though sometimes it needs to be. Use these simple steps to add personality to your office. If you feel your office needs more than contact us today and we can help!