This government regulation is specifically made for constructions that are made on a new piece of ground in an area designated as commercial zone. As the construction is being done from the ground up with new foundation the company making the building will have to get a special building permit for starting the procedure. If you are planning to demolish a building in commercial zoning area then a building permit application is required. When granting permission for constructing ground up buildings in a commercial area, the authorities provide guidelines about size of building based on the zoning district and height limits of buildings in that area.
Understanding construction permits
All new construction in commercial districts is regulated by the local district authorities who maintain the planning code. To maintain appearance and symmetry in every area geographical area of a city it is divided into different districts and a planning code is given which states details about what buildings are allowed and not allowed in a particular area. Before drawing up plans to start construction in any district you need to understand the zoning district limitations to support the project you are planning.
When carrying out construction from ground up with a fresh foundation and base pillars you need to plan the basic infrastructure in such a manner that its base stands strong and powerful for several years and meets norms set by local authorities. A new building that is being constructed from ground up requires a building permit, so that the builder understands local construction codes and ordinances. These projects have to be presented with complete blue prints for foundation and each phase of construction with inputs by sustainability experts to get approval by local authorities.
List of documents for ground up construction permit
- Completed Building Permit Application issued by residential zoning district which will have the completed description of project i.e., details about whether it is residential or commercial.
- Neighborhood notification.
- Detailed drawings about plat plan, floor plan with elevation details, both mechanical and electrical diagrams.
- Structural and engineering calculations of new building.
- Waste management plan.
- Verification certificate to determine if construction is being done in a flood zone.
- Land use authorization which states that the land which has been identified is available for the construction that has been planned for it.
It is very critical to describe complete details of construction project else the inspection and review team will have no idea about building under construction and the permit can get delayed or canceled.
Contact SiliconX Construction today for all of your commercial construction needs.