Going green is one of the best things you can do to help the environment. It’s not only good for you and good for the environment but it can also be good for business. It shows customers that you care.
That is why a bathroom remodel that encourages green practices is good for business.
A green bathroom is done with a selection of eco-friendly fixtures and materials.
Saving water is the biggest focus when doing a bathroom remodel.
Did you know that the toilet alone can use as much as 27 percent of household water and that a leaky toilet can waste as much as 300 gallons of water every day?
There are many ways to save water through a bathroom remodel such as:
- Install low-flow faucets and toilets
- Install motion censored sinks so that the water doesn’t continue to run when people’s hands aren’t under it
- Fix all faucets and toilet leaks (and continually maintain them)
- Install a gray-water system, which recycles water. It collects water from the sink and feeds it into the toilet
- Install a solar powered water heater
You can also go green with your bathroom lighting. You can do this by:
- Using ambient lighting: If possible create windows and expose the bathroom to natural light.
- Using florescent tubes and bulbs: A 15-watt florescent bulb will emit as much light as a 60-watt incandescent bulb and lasts ten times as long.
- Having motion censored lighting: If there is no one in the bathroom there is no reason to have the lights on.
Another way to create a green bathroom is through using resource-efficient materials and products such as:
- Low- and no-VOC paints and adhesives
- Green-Guard certified sealants
- Recycled solid surface countertops and ceramic tiles
- CARB-compliant wood products
Contact us today to learn more about how you can remodel your bathroom to be a green one!